Canowindra CWA Branch
Recipes by CWA Canowindra Branch Members
Canowindra CWA Scone Recipe
- 450 grams Self Raising Flour Out of self raising flour? Add 6 tsp of baking powder to the 450g of plain flour. Sift the flour and baking powder together before you use it to make sure it's all evenly distributed.
- 10 grams Baking Powder
- 5 grams Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 110 grams Cold Unsalted Butter
- 300 mls Full Cream Milk
- Sift flour, add other dry ingredients, rub in chopped butter to form a breadcrumb texture. Add milk to dry ingredients and mix gently to make a soft dough (only 30 seconds of mixing needed)
- Place on a lightly floured board and pat out to a thickness of about 2.5cm. Cut with a floured scone cutter. Push left over dough together and lightly knead are cut remaining scones until all dough is used.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in a hot oven (210 degrees fan forced) for about 12-15 minutes until they are golden on the bottom and top. Serve with a fruit jam (such as strawberry) and whipped cream.
Find out more about CWA Canowindra.
The Canowindra Country Women's Association Branch was started in May 1924 as there was a need in the town for a place where country women can get together to share in friendship and understanding.
WHAT WE DO
The Canowindra CWA seeks to improve conditions & welfare of women and to empower women in our community, through fellowship, transfer of new and traditional skills and community support. You are welcome to join.
Our impact our actions have upon agriculture and the environment. At Canowindra Branch we focus on recycling reusing resources as well as promoting power saving ideas which benefit the local community.
Canowindra Branch like other CWA Branches often get involved in craft and cooking activities. Our talented ladies produce craft work that is presented to the CWA Group and State level. Come join in the fun.
Canowindra Country Womens Association (CWA) Branch
14 Blatchford St,
Canowindra NSW 2804
PO Box 118 Canowindra NSW 2804
CONNECT WITH US ON FACEBOOK